Hollywood is going through a massive changing of the guards right now.
Several of Hollywood’s most elite of heavyweights like Kevin Spacey, Richard Dreyfus, and Brett Ratner stand accused of sexual assault.
Now one of the most famous comedians in the world joins them.
Louis CK was considered by many as one of the most successful comedians of our present time.
That is up until his sexual deviances were exposed. Now he’s just another anti-Trump comedian to bite the dust.
Five women (so far) have gone public with the gross sexual advances CK made towards them, which included masturbating in front of them.
This would be the same comedian who once audaciously said about the President:
“The guy is Hitler. And by that I mean that we are being Germany in the 30s. Hitler was just some hilarious and refreshing dude with a weird comb over who would say anything at all.”
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
Now this guy is being black-listed from Hollywood.
Hollywood Reporter reports:
“The comedian released a lengthy statement after five women claimed he sexually harassed them in a New York Times exposé. Shortly after, FX, his management and publicist all severed ties with the star.
Louis C.K. has spoken out about the sexual misconduct allegations leveled against him. In a statement released Friday, the comedian and TV star said, “These stories are true.”
In a lengthy response to Thursday’s New York Times expose, sent to The Hollywood Reporter, C.K. addressed the five women who spoke out, admitting that he has tried to learn from his actions but has also run from them.
“I learned yesterday the extent to which I left these women who admired me feeling badly about themselves and cautious around other men who would never have put them in that position,” he said in part.
“I also took advantage of the fact that I was widely admired in my and their community, which disabled them from sharing their story and brought hardship to them when they tried because people who look up to me didn’t want to hear it. I didn’t think that I was doing any of that because my position allowed me not to think about it.”
He added, “There is nothing about this that I forgive myself for. And I have to reconcile it with who I am. Which is nothing compared to the task I left them with.”
C.K. specifically apologized to the people who are currently being professionally impacted by his actions, including the cast and crew of FX’s Better Things and Baskets, TBS’ The Cops, Amazon’s One Mississippi and his newly shelved movie, I Love You, Daddy, along with his manager, 3 Arts’ Dave Becky, who was mentioned in the Times story.
“I’ve brought pain to my family, my friends, my children and their mother,” he wrote. “I have spent my long and lucky career talking and saying anything I want. I will now step back and take a long time to listen.”
Dana Min Goodman and Julia Wolov, Rebecca Corry and Abby Schachner — along with one anonymous woman identified only as a former production employee on HBO’s The Chris Rock Show. All of the women’s claims — of experiences that allegedly occurred from 2002 to 2005, with the anonymous claim likely taking place earlier — detail similar experiences where the TV writer, director and producer asked if the woman would watch him masturbate. In two instances, he apologized for his behavior years later, saying, “That was a bad time in my life and I’m sorry” and “I used to misread people back then,” according to the women.
In wake of Thursday’s report, Netflix scrapped its planned stand-up special with the comic and his controversial new movie I Love You Daddy — which he wrote, stars in and directed — was dropped by distribution company The Orchard one week ahead of its planned Nov. 17 release. HBO also has cut ties with C.K., dropping him from an upcoming star-studded stand-up special and removed his previous specials and series from its on-demand services.
FX, where C.K. has a massive overall deal and creator credit on Pamela Adlon’s Better Things and Zach Galifianakis’ Baskets, said Thursday it was reviewing the situation. By Friday, shortly after C.K.’s statement, the network and production company cut its ties with the comic, cancelling the overall deal between FX Productions and his production company, Pig Newton.
“He will no longer serve as executive producer or receive compensation on any of the four shows we were producing with him — Better Things, Baskets, One Mississippi and The Cops,” FX said in a statement, adding that “now is not the time for him to make television shows. Now is the time for him to honestly address the women who have come forth to speak about their painful experiences, a process which he began today with his public statement.”
Only time will tell whether he can make a comeback in Hollywood like Mel Gibson did 10 years after his drunken rant – which, by the way, now seems like but a drop in the bucket compared to the sick perversion seeping out of Hollywood.
A total changing of the guards may be Hollywood’s only chance at this point.