Of all the celebrities exposed in the Me Too Movement, nobody is facing constant legal trouble quite like Academy Award winners Harvey Weinstein and Kevin Spacey.
Super producer Weinstein is dealing with multiple felony charges that includes Rape in the 1st degree while Spacey is currently dealing with a civil case in which an 18-year-old man claims he sexually assaulted him at the Club Car restaurant in Nantucket once.
And a wild twist just happened in the Kevin Spacey trial but it might make you wonder if something more sinister is afoot.
While Kevin Spacey was one of the most gifted actors in Hollywood for three decades, his career came to a screeching halt when he was accused by dozens of males for sexual misconduct dating back the entirety of his career – one of them being Richard Dreyfuss’ son.
Until recently, Kevin Spacey was on trial for a civil suit in Massachusetts where a then-18-year-old male claimed the two-time Academy Award winner sexually assaulted him over the course of a night in 2016.
The text exchange by the male and his girlfriend was rather alarming too. The accuser allegedly texted his girlfriend talking about Spacey, “He’s grabbed my d—k like 8 times,” and “He pulled my zipper down. And he invited me to his house.”
If you think that’s graphic, the texts became even more so as the conversation between his girlfriend revealed into the night. It was evidence that was about as damaging as you can possibly get to persuade a jury.
But in a weird twist of fate the accuser has officially dropped the charges.
The Associated Press reported, “Mitchell Garabedian, a lawyer for the man, announced in an email Friday that the suit filed June 26 in Nantucket Superior Court has been voluntarily dismissed. No reason was provided either by Garabedian or in the court filing. Garabedian said he would have no further comment.”
Comment was requested from Spacey’s attorney, Alan Jackson, but he has not responded.
Of course this is speculation but what usually happens in instances like this is that it was settled out of court for an undisclosed amount that usually involves some sort of gag order document or it could be much more sinister like maybe threatening the accuser. That’s more of a mafia style approach but the stories from Spacey’s accusers suggests he’s not only aggressive but he also doesn’t take no for an answer.
The reason why is because Spacey still faces a criminal charge to indecent assault and battery but pled not guilty. Now that the civil case has been dropped, then it’s likely the criminal charge will be as well.
In the meantime, across the pond, Scotland Yard has been questioning Spacey about sexual assault allegations that stem from the time he ran London’s Old Vic Theater between 2004 and 2015.
So far he hasn’t been arrested but British police typically tread lightly before accusing anyone, but without actually saying it was Spacey they certainly applied it when they issued a statement that said, “a man was voluntarily interviewed under caution in America by officers from the Met’s Complex Case Team. He was not arrested. Inquiries are ongoing.”
Spacey’s days in and out of courtrooms is a long way from over despite the Nantucket case being dropped. This will likely consume him for years to come.