The sexual allegations coming out of Hollywood are rampant.
As it turns out, many in the industry knew about their colleagues’ sexual misconduct and did nothing about it.
And now another celebrated filmmaker has been accused of yet another crime.
Roman Polanski is the prolific director behind the renowned films Chinatown, Rosemary’s Baby, and The Pianist.
You might remember that The Pianist had to be filmed in Europe because Polanski skipped his sentencing for statutory rape and fled to France.
Nevertheless, he won Best Director for the film in 2003. Of course he was not able to attend the ceremony because he would have been arrested immediately as a fugitive.
That didn’t sway much of the industry from applauding a convicted rapist.
Go figure, Meryl Streep was at the forefront of the standing ovation.
Now Polanski has been accused of another crime.
Fox News reports:
“Los Angeles police are investigating allegations Oscar-winning director Roman Polanski molested a 10-year-old girl in 1975.
Although the allegations are so old criminal charges cannot be brought, detectives may be able to use evidence they collect to help prosecute other cases.
The 84-year-old’s been a fugitive since fleeing to France in 1978 while awaiting sentencing for sexually assaulting a 13-year-old.
The latest allegations were reported to police in October when Marianne Barnard said she was molested during a photo shoot in 1975 after Polanski had her pose nude.
She’s used social media to draw attention to her allegations.
The Associated Press doesn’t generally name people who report being sexually assaulted, unless they’ve discussed their allegations publicly.
Polanski’s attorney believes an investigation will “prove the whole story to be bogus.”
And in October of this year, the New York Times reported that a former German actress accused Polanski of rape in the 1970’s.
The New York Times reported:
“Renate Langer, a 61-year-old former German actress, has reported to the Swiss police that the film director Roman Polanski raped her at a house in Gstaad in February 1972, when she was 15.
Ms. Langer is the fourth woman to publicly accuse Mr. Polanski of sexual assaulting her when she was a teenager.
The police in St. Gallen, Switzerland, confirmed that they met with Ms. Langer on Sept. 26. Ms. Langer provided The New York Times with a copy of an email — sent by a Swiss police officer — saying that another office would make the determination as to whether she could pursue a criminal complaint.
Switzerland has eliminated its statute of limitations on child sex abuse cases, but the law limits prosecution in cases that happened many years ago. Ms. Langer said in an interview that she had approached the Swiss police because she believed the statute of limitations would allow her complaint to be investigated.
Harland Braun, a lawyer for Mr. Polanski, the 84-year-old award-winning French-Polish film director, declined to comment on Ms. Langer’s accusation. Mr. Polanski pleaded guilty in 1977 to unlawful sex with Samantha Geimer when she was 13, but his lawyer has disputed other similar accusations in the past.
In August, a woman in Los Angeles, identified only as Robin M., came forward at a news conference to report that Mr. Polanski had sexually assaulted her in 1973 when she was 16. At the time, Mr. Braun said in a statement that Mr. Polanski’s reaction had been “I don’t know what this is about.”
In 2010, the British actress Charlotte Lewis also accused Mr. Polanski of abusing her sexually when she was 16.”
And still, has even one Hollywood elitist come out to condemn Polanski? Nope, not one word has been heard from them on this issue.