Megyn Kelly has been a failure at NBC.
The former Fox News anchor had been a smashing success until she left for the liberal news network.
And now she’s embarrassed herself in the most epically childish way.
Kelly’s first show at NBC, “Sunday Night w/ Megyn Kelly”, failed miserably and was abruptly pulled off the air before it even finished running.
So NBC decided to move her over to the “Today” show.
But it hasn’t been working out too well, either.
NBC is realizing they offered an obscene amount of money in the hopes that Kelly would bring her “followers” to the network and it’s just not happening.
NBC knows they can’t afford to let Kelly ruin anything else, so they did not assign her to cover the Winter Olympics in South Korea and rehired former employee Katie Couric instead.
And when Kelly got wind of it, she allegedly blew a fuse like a child.
Page Six reports:
“Megyn Kelly “threw an Olympic fit” when NBC offered the job of anchoring next month’s Winter Olympics opening ceremony to Katie Couric, sources exclusively told Page Six.
Television insiders say that Kelly insisted, when signing her $23 million-a-year contract with NBC last spring, that she could not be forced to do special events such as the winter games in Pyeongchang, South Korea, which start airing on the Peacock Network on Feb. 9.
But once “Today” vet Matt Lauer — who usually helmed special coverage, including the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade — was ousted in November over sexual misconduct allegations, Kelly assumed she was next in line for the plum assignments.
“She thought she had it all played out perfectly, by saying ‘no’ before the Matt Lauer scandal. [The network was] stupid enough to put in her contract that she could say ‘yes’ or ‘no.’ ”
But we’re told that after execs instead gave the gig to Couric — who co-hosted the “Today” show with Lauer from 1997 to 2006, at which point she left the network — Kelly wanted to have it on principle.
“[Kelly] complained to her staff, she complained to her agent, so that [NBC News chairman Andrew Lack] would hear about the fact that she was unhappy, but he didn’t care.”
The source added that Lack — who originally signed Kelly to the network amid much fanfare in January 2017, starting with “Sunday Night With Megyn Kelly” in June — has finally realized she is “a diva” and that “she’s not going to be part of the NBC News . . . inner circle.”
But an NBC News insider told us that there’s “zero truth” to this, adding that it’s “laughable since [the opening ceremony is] the least desirable gig in broadcasting, given the inevitable brutal reviews.”
The insider also disputed that Lack — the man who personally fired Lauer — thinks that Kelly is a “diva,” insisting that “no one at NBC has ever heard him ever use the word ‘diva’ about anyone.”
NBC News and reps for Kelly declined to comment.”
Kelly might have lost her fan base when she left Fox News, but she certainly hasn’t lost her princess attitude and sense of entitlement.
But it seems that NBC is tuning her out while they wait for her contract to be up.