Antonio Brown is one of those anomalies that has been one of those sickly talented but truly tainted wide receivers over the last few years. It started in Pittsburgh when he pushed his way out of the organization for no particular reason whatsoever except that he didn’t like Ben Roethlisberger throwing him the ball anymore.
Then he made his way to Oakland, California where he pretended Derek Carr was the end-all-be-all to his qb-throwing problems, but that didn’t work out either. Then he got G.O.A.T. Tom Brady – apparently that wasn’t enough either because he forced his own path out of the organization in eleven days.
And here are the accusations against Antonio Brown that prove he was and always will be a violent disturbed nightmare of a person.
The Oakland Raiders proved on Sunday they don’t need arguably one of the best wide receivers in the NFL just a year ago. The resilient team shocked the sports world after upsetting the Chicago Bears in a close game in London, England.
And Brown’s most recent employer, the New England Patriots, have proven since Week One they don’t need the toxic wide out on their roster because they’re currently 5-0.
The antics by Brown over the last two months have been insufferable. At first it just seemed like he was an obnoxious child but then we discovered disturbing allegations against him in a civil suit claiming he sexually assaulted and raped a former trainer of his.
Following that accusation, a damning piece in Sports Illustrated showed he allegedly sexually
assaulted a painter he commissioned for a piece and has a long history of not paying his debts.
But the final straw for the New England Patriots was when Brown sent threatening and intimidating text messages to the painter who accused him. He has not played a down since Week Two against the Miami Dolphins.
And now a 35-page motion in a lawsuit claims the pro-bowler caused nearly $100,000 worth of damages to a luxury high-rise condo in 2018.
Yahoo Sports claims, “The allegations were detailed in a motion filed by the opposing attorney this week, in the midst of a civil lawsuit against Brown for allegedly causing nearly $100,000 in damages to a luxury high-rise condo rental that Brown inhabited into early 2018. After eight months of legal jabbing between Brown and the owner of the unit, the wideout finally sat for a court-ordered deposition on Sept. 24. According to the opposing attorney, Brown wrecked the proceedings with a litany of ‘reprehensible behavior’. The lawyer now wants the judge in the case to order a new deposition, with the inclusion of a court-appointed special master who would oversee the proceedings and hold Brown accountable for any actions taken during the session.”
Attorney George Minski accused Brown of the following disruptions during the deposition.
- Arrived nearly 30 minutes late to the deposition.
- Acted “belligerent and pugnacious, refusing to answer the most routine of questions, despite there being no objection to the questioning coming from his counsel.”
- “[C]hanted, over and over, as if a mantra, a narrative of his own warped concept of the proceeding.”
- “Acting as if he was above the rule of law, [Brown] proceeded to make a mockery of the deposition process. [Brown’s] antics were so unreasonable that barely twenty  minutes into the deposition, his counsel asked for a break [so] he could speak with [Brown] about his demeanor.”
- “When the deposition resumed, [Brown] began texting on his cell phone. Regardless of multiple requests from his own counsel, and from the undersigned, [Brown] continued texting”.
- “After approximately 20-30 minutes, [Brown] required another break. When the deposition resumed [Brown] increased his level of obstructive behavior. At one point, [Brown] refused to answer any questions, instead saying “next question” no less than 10 times.”
- “Soon thereafter, [Brown] started announcing a countdown, starting at ‘five (5) minutes,’ and counting down the minutes thereafter. Before noon [Brown] left the conference room.”
As per usual, if these allegations are true it’s all on camera because depositions are taped. Whatever this attorney claimed is likely accurate given that he has video evidence of Brown’s behavior.
What is most alarming about these new allegations is the complete disrespect Brown presumably has for people and his surroundings.
It’s a blessing that his alleged behavior is finally being exposed.