America is fighting several fronts right now.
On top of the Chinese coronavirus plaguing the world that has already taken the lives of over 100,000 Americans so far, we’re also dealing with violent rioters on our streets. We don’t need any more chaos.
But the chaos is just getting started for this Clinton ally who has a new sexual assault allegation and this one is the worst by far.
Disgraced former Hollywood super producer Harvey Weinstein is currently serving a 23-year sentence for two felonies; third-degree rape and first-degree sexual assault. Following his guilty verdict, according to his attorneys, Weinstein apparently muttered “‘I’m innocent, I’m innocent, I’m innocent. How could this happen in America?’”
After asking the judge for leniency in his sentencing, he was given 23 years, which is only two years shy of the maximum. Given his age and health conditions, Weinstein will likely spend the rest of his life in prison.
Weinstein also contracted Covid-19 shortly after he began the long well-deserved arduous road of his sentencing but has reportedly made a full recovery. Amid his New York City conviction, Weinstein apparently has multiple sex related crimes to answer for in Los Angeles County where he’s facing similar charges to the ones he was already convicted for by separate women.
One of those women was only 17 years old at the time too.
The woman, who is now 43 years old, claims that he raped her in a hotel room in 1994. She met with him under the guise that he would help her break into the entertainment industry but was met with Weinstein who forced her to disrobe and perform oral sex on him.
The suit filed last Thursday in New York City, also claims Weinstein was close to naked when she walked into the room, and also alleges that he threatened her after he committed rape. The anonymous woman also accused him of taking her driver’s license and told her point blank that she would never act in films if she opened her mouth.
Weinstein’s attorney, Imran Ansari, announced Weinstein intends to defend himself against the new accusation, while also adding these new claims could be barred under the statute of limitations.
However, the woman alleging that he raped her when she was 17 years old is suing in state court under New York’s Child Victims Act – designed to open a window for sexually abused children to sue their assailants, regardless of the amount of time that has passed.
That’s actually not the first time an underaged woman has sued him for similar sexual aggressions.
A former supermodel says Weinstein sexually assaulted her when she was only 16 years old and sued him independently because she didn’t want to be lumped in with the $25 million global settlement compensation for his various accusers to split. Her reasoning was simple; she didn’t feel that monetary compensation held Weinstein and his enablers accountable for their actions.
What you should take away from the aforementioned is that Weinstein has so many accusations against him that they put $25 million in a bank account. Nothing screams innocence like paying off accusers, right?
Every woman who was assaulted by this monstrous convicted rapist should go after every single dime he has left. That would be just the start on his path to reconciliation. But he doesn’t see it that way. He still maintains his innocence. Thankfully our justice system prevailed.